Monday, August 1, 2011

Get The Look: Cottage Chic

Rhett here, of RhettDidntGiveADamn with a favorite look to copy. Let me just say that one of my favorite decorating styles is Cottage Chic - sort of shabby, a little French and a bit farmhouse. Fortunately, anyone can get this style - you just gotta know where to look!

Linen anything says "Cottage" to me - but especially handmade linen napkins with a simple, floral motif. Try these from giardino:


Cottage style isn't just a look - it's a feeling. You can lather yourself up with these egg-shaped soaps by aBreathofFrenchair if you want to feel farm fresh! 


What says shabby-cottage love like a Mason Jar? Do your home lighting up in a truly unique way with an original jar chandelier by BootsNGus.


This fabulous 50's dress by DeLaBelle says charming cottage to me. What do you think?



And add a little shabby luxe to your look with a handmade locket. I love this one by laurenblythedesigns:


You know, when I think of this particular style my mind always seems to settle on eggs, nests, chippy and blue - this gorgeous set of mixing bowls by shoponalark features all that and more!


You can't leave out the ornamental and functional accessories. NOSTALGIEeurope offers just such pretties for your home.


Every home deserves a touch of whimsy and quirk. I think these vintage busts by corrnucopia lend just that extra bit of something. 


Sometimes you can't re-do your entire home in your favorite style of the moment *sigh*. Or you need just a touch more emphasis on your walls. That's when a great print, photograph or piece or art comes into play. I love this art photo by firstlightphoto


French Armchairs with lovely distressing and great textured fabrics. Feel free to lust after this lovely pair by FrenchEclectic:


I hope you've enjoyed this installment of Get The Look and picked up some ideas for your own Cottage Chic look!

xo,

Rhett

8 comments:

  1. Delightful cottage chic collection!
    Great ideas for updating your decor - I love seasonal decor, and this is perfect for this time of year as well.
    Thank you for including my napkins:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rhett! This is a wonderful post! I agree with all your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love the Cottage look ~ classy yet comforting.

    Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we must be twins! (AT least from a Cottage Chic perspective.)
    I love this look. Cottage Chic combined with a little French flair! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful items! We love them all. Thanks for including our mason jar chandelier!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the shabby cottage chic style. Thanks for the beautiful feature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lovelies! Lots of new Etsy hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete