Monday, August 8, 2011

cook eat drink • Sauteed Mushrooms for Two

Rhett of RhettDidntGiveADamn, here with a delicious side dish recipe for two. I love mushrooms and this is by far, my favorite way to have them. It's a simple saute that uses only 7 ingredients but packs a ton of flavor! Usually, I make this in small batches because my family isn't as into the shrooms as I am. But don't be afraid to double or triple this recipe. It's always a hit with the fungi lovers so I'm happy to share it with you all. Isn't there something all together wonderful about the sharing of recipes?



Ingredients

1 Pound Button mushrooms
3 Tsp. Butter
3 Tablespoons minced Vidalia (or other sweet) Onion
1 Tsp. minced Garlic 
1/4 Tsp. salt
1/4 Tsp. pepper
1/4 Cup Sherry

Simply melt the butter in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add in the mushrooms and garlic and heat just until you can smell the pungent aroma of the garlic releasing it's scent - don't burn! Add in the Sherry, salt, pepper and finally the mushrooms. Let the mixture cook for 20 minutes or until your shrooms have reduced in size by about half. Let cool and serve. These are wonderful as a "second day" dish - just microwave for a minute or so. There. Simple and delicious.




4 comments:

  1. wow, I love mushrooms - these look fabulous- cannot wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally into 'shrooms and would love to come by and help you eat some, since your family isn't into it. :)
    Thanks for joining Alicia and I in the Crazy Days of Summer Photo Challenge. I hope you'll be back again on Friday when we move on to a new theme, "fun with friends". Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound delicious!
    I love mushrooms and this looks easy and tasty:)

    ReplyDelete