Tuesday, August 23, 2011

cook eat drink • Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies

Sue of firstlightphoto, here with a great dessert recipe I found in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine in the 1970's. I still make these as they are requested at family gatherings. They are totally yummy and I'd love to share the recipe with you.

Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies 
1C Butterscotch Bits
½ C Butter
Melt together, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.


1½ C Flour
2/3 C. Brown Sugar
2t. Baking Powder
½ t Salt
1t vanilla
2 Eggs

Mix together eggs and brown sugar.


Add remaining ingredients.


Now add in the butterscotch/butter mixture, stirring well. This batter should be cool so the chocolate bits don't melt.



Add in 2½ C. Mini marshmallows and 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate bits
.

Place in greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes.



Sprinkle with powdered sugar when done and Enjoy!





6 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I may have to try it, my boys would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are FABULOUS, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try it too! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm yummy :) It looks like delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue these look delicious. I also cannot get over your gorgeous photos as you make these especially the marshmallow one. You could photo anything and it would be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete